Fall is just a couple short weeks away, and although we’re excited for the change in season, we are also not quite ready to let go of the remaining threads of summer just yet. That’s why we’ve decided to feature one final summer-inspired Saturday Sips recipe on the blog this year for you to enjoy on the few warm summer days that remain.
The Orange Julius is a well-loved, classic American smoothie with origins in the mid-1920’s. And although you can likely purchase this beverage from your local Dairy Queen these days, there’s really no need to drop the dough when you can make it at home with just a few super common household ingredients: ice, milk, orange juice concentrate, sugar and vanilla.
- 15-20 cubes of ice
- 1 cup milk (we used whole milk)
- 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/preview/SPWT05-06/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_9334.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”How to make an Orange Julius | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Starting with the ice, pour all the ingredients into a blender. Pulse a few times to get the blending process going, and then continue to blend until the ice is broken down and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste for sweetness. Add more sugar if needed and pour into glasses. Garnish with a slice of orange and enjoy!
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTWT23-06/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_9338.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”How to make an Orange Julius | The Evermine Blog | Sweet Rose Tags from www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
Flavor-Infused Bloody Marys Blackberry Lemonade The GBC (Gin, Basil and Cucumber) The Bee’s Knees Cocktail
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: