Do you like pumpkin pie as much as we do? Then you’ll love this hot chocolate recipe that features the famous fall fruit in all its glory. To make, we’ve swapped your normal milk or dark chocolate for white chocolate chips, which adds a touch of sweetness without overpowering the smooth and creamy pumpkin flavor. Toss in a few earthy ground holiday spices, and you’ll have something so cozy and delicious that you’ll want to sip it all winter long, and share it with everyone you know.
To make your cup of hot chocolate even more warming, pour in a nip of creme de cocoa. And what hot chocolate recipe would be complete without the toppings? Throw in a marshmallow or two, or top your mug with a generous heap of whipped cream. Finish with a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a pinch of ground cinnamon or cocoa powder for an extra punch of flavor.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 5 cups milk (we used whole milk)
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Creme de cocoa (optional)
- Whipped cream and caramel topping (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Place over medium heat, and stir frequently with a whisk until hot, but not boiling. Serve immediately in mugs with 1 oz creme de cocoa (optional). Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce and enjoy.
- To make ahead, let mixture cool for 20 minutes before pouring into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Heat before serving with optional toppings and alcohol.
Used In This Project:
- Square Coasters • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in tuxedo.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >