Now that we’re well into spring, we want to sip on something that’s both super refreshing and seasonal, and the combination of strawberry with rhubarb not only creates an amazing flavor combination, but it also captures the very heart of the season.
For the freshest and most flavorful results, harvest your own berries and rhubarb or buy them from your local farmer’s market. The riper your berries, the less honey and sugar you’ll need for sweetening. Enjoy!
- 5-7 lemons (1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice)
- 3½ cups water
- 1 pound rhubarb, roughly diced
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- 3 cups of strawberries
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Scrub and rinse your lemons. Zest two of the lemons and set the zest aside. Juice the rest until you have obtained 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Place lemon juice in an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large saucepan, add the water, rhubarb, honey, lemon zest and sugar and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering for about 15 minutes. Add the strawberries and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place mixture in a blender with the lemon juice and puree until very well blended. Pour into clean jars and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over ice with sparkling water (optional). Keeps fresh for 3-5 days.
Used In This Project:
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Swing” style in deep red and blue.
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Swing” style in sunburst.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >