The Copa Verde (the Green Cup) is a cocktail that will take you by surprise. Although its main ingredient, the avocado, is most often used in savory dishes, its rich, smooth texture is only enhanced when paired with sweet ingredients. In this case, we’re heightening its flavor with some freshly squeezed lime, and sweetening with delicious agave nectar for a refreshing beverage that you can serve with or without the tequila.
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Fresh Squeezed Lime
- 1 Cup Agave Nectar
- Club soda or tequila
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- In a blender, combine the avocados, water, freshly squeezed lime and agave nectar. Puree until smooth, and pass through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth to filter out the solids. Store in a jar in the refrigerator until ready to use (can be made the night before, but no more than 1 day in advance).
- Make your rim salt by combining your salt and thyme together. Line the rim of each glass with agave nectar and dip into the salt.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and add your avocado mixture until it's about halfway full. If you're using tequila, add one shot (or to taste) to the cocktail shaker and shake until combined. Pour in a salt-rimmed glass.
- If you're using club soda, do not add to the cocktail shaker. Pour over ice and top with club soda. Stir to combine, and enjoy!
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in sunburst.
- Round Coasters • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in peach.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >