Saturday Sips! The GBC (Gin, Basil and Cucumber)
Basil and cucumber are in peak season right now, so we wanted to feature a recipe for this week’s Saturday Sips post that would utilize both ingredients to make an easy drink for those of you who are growing gardens this summer. Luckily, we didn’t have to look too far to find the perfect idea: The GBC (gin, basil and cucumber) from the BS’ in the Kitchen blog immediately caught our eye.
This beverage will appeal to the Gin and Tonic-lovers among you, but it’s even more refreshing because of the cooling properties in the cucumber combined with the crispness of the basil. It’s the perfect cold glass on a hot summer day
The GBC (Gin, Basil and Cucumber)
Recipe Type: Cocktails and Mixers
This delicious recipe is slightly adapted from the blog [url href=”http://bsinthekitchen.com/the-gbc/” target=”_blank”]BS’ in the Kitchen[/url]. The beverage coasters and favor tags are from the Evermine shop: www.evermine.com.
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 basil leaves, julienned
- ½ tbsp sugar (or ½ tbsp of simple syrup)
- 1 ounce gin
- freshly squeezed lime juice (to taste)
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup tonic water
- Roll the basil leaves together and slice them into strips.
- Add sugar (or simple syrup) to glass, along with 1 ounce of gin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add two cucumber slices and the sliced basil leaves, muddle 5-10 times.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Add ½ cup crushed ice and ½ cup tonic water.
- Make a cut halfway through your last cucumber slice and a slice of lime, placing both on the rim of your glass for garnish.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Rustic Retro” style in sunflower.
- Round Coasters • I chose the “Rustic Retro” style in sunflower.
More Beverage Recipes:
Saturday Sips! Flavored Waters Saturday Sips! The Bee’s Knees Saturday Sips! The Rhubarb Mojito Homemade Bitters
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: