Warming up with the fragrance and glow of natural candles couldn’t be easier as shown in this recipe for making soy candles. Melt, pour, and then decorate the jars for the perfect gift!
• Metal tins with lids
• Waxed and wired wicks with tabs
• Hot glue gun
• Double boiler
• Soy wax
• Crayon pieces or wax dye
• Natural essential oils for fragrance
1. Use the hot glue to secure the wick tabs to the bottom of the tins.
2. Add wax in small pieces to a double boiler and warm over medium heat until the wax is melted.
3. Add colour by dropping in bits of crayon into the hot wax and stirring to reveal the colour.
4. When the wax reaches 140°F, add the essential oils. Use 1 teaspoon of essential oil per pound of wax.
5. Cool the wax to 110°F and carefully pour into the tins. Prop up the wicks with chopsticks to keep them in place.
6. Place all the candles tightly nestled together and wrap the outsides with a towel so that they cool slowly for the best looking candles.
7. Allow your candle to cure for 48 hours undisturbed then trim wicks to ¼” above the wax.
You are now ready to decorate the jars with some fabulous labels and give them as a perfect holiday gift!
Check out the Garden Therapy Handmade Shop for Soy Candle Making Kits. Each kit contains the right wax, wicks, and natural scents so all you need is to choose your containers and design the perfect labels.
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Merry & Bright” style in Red, Green and Sunburst (a different color for each scent).
- Small Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Merry & Bright” style in Red, Green and Sunburst (a different color for each scent).
- Gift Boxes • I chose large white gift boxes.
- Gift Tags • I chose the “Merry & Bright” style in Red, Green and Sunburst (a different color for each scent).
More homemade holiday gift ideas…
Shop Our Holiday Collection
• Holiday Labels
• Holiday Gift Tags
• Holiday Coasters
• Holiday Wine Labels
• Holiday CD/DVD Labels
• Holiday Photo Cards – NEW!
• Holiday Note Cards
• Holiday Buttons
• Holiday Address Labels
• Holiday Postage Stamps
• Entire Holiday Collection