ANNOUNCEMENT: We interrupt this month’s regularly scheduled Saturday Sips programming to bring you something sinister, something supernatural, something spectacularly scary! It’s our first ever SPOOKY Sips cocktail recipe brought to you by Bobby Pathammovong, our resident Halloween guru. Enjoy this deathly delicious drink at your own risk, and make sure to tune in next week for part two of our special Spooky Sips series.
Brace yourself for a spooky Halloween cocktail that just may bite you back. The Black Widow cocktail is a devilishly refreshing combo of blackberry juice and vodka that will lift your spirits or conjure some spirits who’ll want a taste. Sweetened with a little simple syrup, enjoy this cocktail with a blackberry garnish, and celebrate the spooky season.
- 2 quarts of fresh blackberries or 2 (16 ounce) packages of frozen berries
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 oz blackberry juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka
- blackberries for garnish (frozen or fresh)
- Thoroughly rinse or thaw berries and place them into a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 5-10 mins, until all the blackberries are softened.
- Remove from heat and mash the blackberries with a potato masher. Pour the juice into a bowl or jar through a large wire mesh strainer or a milk bag. Discard the pulp. Store the juice in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air tight container. Or process in a waterbath canner for about 10 minutes in mason jars.
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Continually stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Promptly remove from heat and allow syrup to cool. Syrup can be stored in a glass jar for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
- To make this spooky sip, combine blackberry juice, simple syrup, vodka and ice in a lowball glass. Stir and drink at your own risk. Garnish with blackberries.
Used In This Project: