Warning: this sweet and salty St. Patrick’s Day gift is addictive. This is not a warning for the receiver of this gift who may very well dig into the peanut M&Ms and caramel corn and gobble it up before they can say, “Kiss me, I’m Irish!”
No, this is a warning for the maker, because he or she will have to sort the M&Ms by color to assemble this delicious rainbow in a jar. Perhaps he or she will be more restrained than I am. Impressive. In my efforts to get these St Patty’s Day treats made, I started early in the morning of the day we will forever know as “Sugar Rush Tuesday.”
To help others avoid my folly, I would like to offer some tips to those who prefer not to spend the day on a candy high:
- Chew gum. Nuts and popcorn go well together, but neither goes well with gum.
- Brush your teeth. That clean feeling in your mouth may just be deterrent enough.
- Set up a penalty jar. Throw a quarter in for every stolen bite. You can use the proceeds to buy a shot of wheatgrass or coconut water.
- Buy extra and enjoy the treat. Everything in moderation, right?!
Now that you are armed with strategies to get through the assembly process, you can make your own rainbow in a jar.
- Glass jar and lid
- Caramel corn
- Peanut M&Ms
- Green tissue paper
- Add caramel corn to the bottom of a glass jar.
- Separate the M&Ms by color then layer them in a jar like a rainbow leading to a pot of caramel corn gold.
- Top the jar with a few squares of green tissue paper.
- Add a ribbon and a personalized favor tag, and there you have it—a simple but adorable St Patrick's Day gift idea.
Used In This Project:
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Ruffled Ombre” style in kelly green.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE ST. PATRICK’S DAY COLLECTION >