Here’s a craft idea for the truly craft-challenged — a super easy, yet very usable and charmingly cozy warming pillow. The pillow is warmed in a microwave and then used on tight muscles or chilly limbs. Also, the optional lavender buds used in this project can provide a calming, beautiful lavender scent, especially when heated. I love to use my warming pillow to help me relax and get cozy at bedtime.
This project is so simple that it requires just two (or three) supplies: tall organza bags and whole flax seeds with optional lavender flowers. After gathering my supplies, I put together this project in less than 5 minutes, and I didn’t need any special skills like sewing or cooking. Hooray! Homemade warming pillows for everyone!
- 2 tall organza bags, any color
- 4-5 cups whole flax seeds (about 20-25 oz)
- ½ cup dried lavender flowers (optional)
- Fill one of the organza bags with the flax seeds. If you’re using lavender, alternate flax seeds and lavender flowers, starting and ending with flax seeds.
- Cinch the organza bag closed and tie off the neck of the bag tightly a few times, then flip the bag over and tie off the opposite side of the neck of the bag.
- Slip this bag into the second organza bag, neck first, and cinch and tie off the second organza bag.
- To attach favor tags, untie the small knot at the end of one of the pairs of ribbons. Slip a favor tag onto one of the ribbons and retie the original knot. Repeat on the other set of ribbons.
Used In This Project:
- Small Oval Tags • I chose the “Spring Meadow” style in gold.
- Large Oval Tags • I chose the “Spring Meadow” style in gold.
- Tall Organza Bags • I chose the white color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >