We love Thanksgiving. Not only does it provide an opportunity to get together with friends and family to share a delicious, hearty meal, but it also gives us an excuse to decorate our home and make it cozy and inviting. And because Thanksgiving revolves around the dinner table, we thought we’d experiment with a few simple but beautiful place setting arrangements that pair dishes, napkins and natural materials along with personalized Thanksgiving items from our shop. Keep scrolling for more details:
1. Folded Turkey Napkin Place Settings
For this arrangement, we’ve placed our personalized Thanksgiving place cards in front of a festive napkin fold that’s easy to recreate for your own table. Just follow the simple tutorial below to create your own folded turkey napkins, which can be made using both cloth or paper.
1. Fold napkin in half.
2. Starting at the narrow end, fold napkin over by 1 to 1 1/2 inches.
3. Continue folding napkin accordion style.
4. Stop 2 to 3 inches from the end.
5. Fold in half with accordion folds on the outside.
6. Tuck outer edge corners into nearest accordion fold.
7. Release and fan out.
8. Place upright with accordion “stand” facing outward.
2. Place Settings with Fresh, Seasonal Fruit
This place setting features fresh, seasonal fruit, such as apples, oranges, pomegranates or pears. To recreate the look, just tie your personalized favor tags around the wrapping or stem of your fruit with a piece of twine, and place in the center of each layered plate stack.
3. DIY Rosemary Wreath Place Settings
This herbal place setting idea makes a big impression on guests. It’s pretty and aromatic, and takes very little time to assemble using herbs from the garden. To make these at home, you’ll need:
- Rosemary stems, about 7 to 8 inches in length
- Floral wire
- Wire Cutter
- Personalized Favor Tags
Form a circle with your rosemary stem, and tie the ends together using a 2-inch length of floral wire. Attach your twine over thew wire, and use it to secure your favor tag. Place at each place setting.
Tip: To accent the place settings, use rosemary in your centerpiece or table runner.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Chalkboard” style in tuxedo.
- Place Cards • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in coral.
- Large Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Watercolor Spring” style in green tea.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE THANKSGIVING COLLECTION >