A dinner party is always fun, especially when planning the desserts and a favor for the guests to take home. Personally, I love using tulle since it has a celebratory look with a delicate texture. Wrapping cookies with tulle not only fancies up any basic cookie, but it also entices you to wonder what is really inside because the layer of semi-sheer fabric gives you just a glimpse at what’s underneath.
The tags (I chose the scallop shaped Modern Geometric style) add a personal touch. I love matching the colors in the tag to the tulle. All in all, it’s an easy and beautiful way to wrap a cookie… or two. And the recipe? It’s a favorite of mine made with delicious white chocolate chips.
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 2/3 cup good unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 white chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the vanilla, then the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well. Add the cocoa and mix again. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the chocolate with the mixer on low speed until just combined. Fold in the chopped white chocolate.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_27261.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate White Choclate Chip Cookies Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon. Dampen your hands and flatten the dough slightly. Bake for exactly 15 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone).
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTGO23-33/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_27801.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Tulle Wrapped Cookies | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_27902.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Tulle Wrapped Cookie Favors | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Gather together your tulle, a ribbon and a personalized favor tag (I chose the Modern Geometric style[/url] from Evermine).
- Stack the cookies in groups of five, cover with tulle, secure with a ribbon and attach your tag. Repeat until all the cookies are packaged. Enjoy!
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTGO23-33/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_27421.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Tulle Wrapped Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies + Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
More Edible Gift Ideas:
Salty Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Brownie Mix in a Jar Sparkling Cider Pound Cake with Sparkling Cider Glaze Caramel Apple Dippers
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: