Though I’ve never met Rosemary Gladstar, a renowned North American herbalist, I humbly consider her one of my herbalism mentors. As I’ve gotten to know her, especially through her book Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health, I realize this lady knows how to do it right. She discusses the importance of creating a special bathing place, expounds on her concept of true beauty, and provides countless well-worn herbal recipes. The following is adapted from her recipe for herbal vinegar hair rinse, but I urge you to check out her wonderful book because she shares many more tips and considerations than I can elaborate here.
I thought Ms. Gladstar’s herbal hair rinse would make a lovely shower favor—perhaps for a bridal shower or a baby shower.
- 2 parts dried calendula flowers
- 1 part dried chamomile flowers
- 1 part dried comfrey leaf
- Apple cider vinegar
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_5358.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Vinegar Hair Rinse | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Place the herbs in a jar and cover them with apple cider vinegar. Allow the herbs to steep for several weeks, then strain them through cheesecloth, wringing out every last drop.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_5651.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Vinegar Hair Rinse | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Divide the vinegar into plastic pump bottles (stainless steel bottles will become corroded by the acidic vinegar; glass is a little dangerous for the shower or bath). Include instructions on the bottle: Enjoy as a scalp massage once a fortnight. Dilute 1 part vinegar rinse with 5 parts water.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/shape-HT88/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_5761.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Vinegar Hair Rinse Bridal Shower Favors | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Large Labels • I chose the “Summer Poppy” style in pale green and turquoise.
- Fancy Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Summer Poppy” style in pale green and turquoise.
- 8-ounce blue pump bottles from Specialty Bottle.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BATH AND BODY COLLECTION >