Bridal Shower Favors: Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
Here’s a do it yourself bridal shower favor that’s easy to make and is sure to please all your guests. Shower Steamers are full of essential oils that release calming and therapeutic vapors while you shower. Once you’ve made these as favors you’ll want to make a bunch for yourself to enjoy! It’s a win win.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
2 silicone molds
Favor labels (Apothecary Deluxe, size 12, Rose Quartz)
- (makes approx 16 small steamers, depending on how big your molds are)
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Witch hazel in a spray bottle
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ citric acid
- Mix together baking soda and citric acid in medium sized bowl. Add 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and 10 drops of lavender into the mixture. (You can add more drops of each essential oil if you want the aroma to be stronger.) Mix together one more time to combine the oils.
- Give the entire mixture two spritz of witch hazel and stir with your hand. Continue spritzing and stirring until the mixture begins to clump together when you gather some in a fist or begins to resemble wet sand. Be sure not to add too much moisture, if you hear the mixture begin to fizz, you’ve added too much.
- Work quickly to tightly pack into the mold and let set for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the steamers from the mold and let it set to dry for about 24 hrs.
- Once dried, package them into the mason jars and finish with a label.