You’ve chosen a wedding invitation design and received your order. Now what? Well, when it comes to your wedding invitations, there are a couple small details that you should consider before stuffing your envelopes and preparing them for the mail. For instance, consider how you want your invitation suite presented when your guests receive them. An organized and thoughtfully bundled invitation makes a great first impression, and there are two simple ways to achieve just that: 1. by using a kraft belly band with a label, and 2. by bundling your invitations and enclosure cards with twine and a tag.
For both methods, before you begin bundling, start by correctly piling your invitation suite together. Place your invitation on the bottom, and then stack the rest of your enclosures on top from largest to smallest. Finish by tucking your RSVP or response cards just under the flap of your return envelopes with the text facing up.
Method One: Kraft Belly Band with Label
11×2 inch strips of kraft paper
1. Place invitation suite over the strip, centered top to bottom.
2. Pull the left side of the strip over towards the center of your invitation suite about 3.5 inches.
3. Overlap the right side of your strip over the left.
4. Seal with a personalized label.
Method Two: Bundled with Twine
twine or hemp cord cut into 4′ lengths
1. Place your invitation suite over your twine, centered top to bottom.
2. Pull your twine to the right until there is about a foot of twine to the left.
3. With your right hand, guide your twine over and across the top of your invite suite at an angle towards the lower left corner.
4. Tuck your twine behind and pull towards the right side at an angle.
5. Bring your twine back across the front of your invite suite and up towards the top left corner so that it now creates an “X”.
6. Wrap the twine behind the invite suite once again but towards the center. The twine will now be positioned between the two twine crossings.
7. Insert a personalized hang tag through the two ends.
8. Finish by tying a bow and snipping off the excess twine.
TIPS FOR MAILING YOUR BUNDLED INVITES:
Once you have a complete invitation suite bundled and ready to mail it’s a good idea to have it weighed by the post office so you know exactly how much postage will be required. You wouldn’t want to mail out a bunch of invites only to get them returned to you due to insufficient postage. Be sure to use a low weight twine or hemp cord so it doesn’t create a bump when they are stuffed in your envelope. Any bumps may increase the cost of your postage. Finish the whole look with a personalized stamp to match your invitation suite or customize your stamp with a special greeting or photo.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE WEDDING COLLECTION >