I love glitter – especially gold glitter. Used tastefully, it can make ordinary objects look incredibly sophisticated. Fortunately, envelope liners pose a wonderful opportunity to incorporate gold glitter to your wedding stationery. This DIY is super versatile because it can be made to fit your wedding colors or theme.
The best part is that Evermine envelopes are all straight lines, so I didn’t have to worry about creating the perfect curve with my scissors. If you ordered any of our beautiful wedding invitations and are looking to add a more personal touch – this is the perfect tutorial for you!
What you’ll need:
- A7 Envelopes (Included free with our invitations)
- Patterned or colored paper – we used gold glitter wrapping paper
- Scissors (or x-acto knife and ruler)
- Double-sided tape
Let’s get started:
1. First, print out our free envelope liner template.
2. Cut out the template. An x-acto knife is ideal but sharp scissors works as well (just keep a steady hand!). The blue arrows on the template designate the slight change in the line.
3. Place the cut-out template on the back of your patterned or colored paper. Lightly trace the border with a pencil.
4. Cut out your template (again, if you want a really straight line, use an x-acto knife with a ruler).
5. Tuck the newly-cut liner into the envelope. It should rest just below the adhesive strip of your A7 envelope. Ensure it is completely centered in the envelope.
6. After you are satisfied with the position of your liner, lift the top piece and carefully place double-sided tape underneath the envelope adhesive strip. Make sure the tape is completely flat – any ripples or folds will likely be visible through the liner.
8. Gently press the liner into the tape. Carefully stick tiny squares of double-sided tape underneath any loose sections. And there you have it! Try this tutorial with photos, pages from a book – the possibilities are endless!