These adorable mini pies make the perfect favor for summer or early fall weddings. The lattice top is super easy to create at home, and the rustic look you achieve is worth the effort. For the filling, use any homemade jam or pie filling you have on hand. Fillings made with fruits that are in season are a particularly nice touch for outdoor or seasonal themed weddings.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- ¼ to ½ cup ice water
- Standard muffin tin
- Place the flour, salt, sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the butter is fully incorporated into the dry mixture and forms a coarse crumb texture. Turn the food processor on low, and add the ice water bit by bit until the dough just starts to form into a ball. Remove dough from food processor and form into two sections. Form both sections into balls, wrap in plastic and press into discs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grease your muffin tin with butter, and preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove one of the discs of dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface to ¼-inch thickness. Using a circle cookie cutter (or the rim of a wide-mouth jar) approx. 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter, punch circles out of the dough. Place each dough circle in the well of a standard sized muffin tin. and press to the sides.
- Spoon roughly 2 tablespoons of jam into each dough circle, and fold the edge of the dough over to enclose the jam.
- Remove the second dough disc from the refrigerator and, using a pastry wheel, cut strips of dough roughly ¼ to ½ an inch wide. Place strips in a lattice formation over each well, and snip off excess dough. Once lattice has been created on each pie, place in preheated oven for 30 minutes (or until the crust is golden brown). Let mini pies cool for 5 minutes, and then remove using a butter knife. (Don't wait much longer than 5 minutes to remove or the jam could harden too much, and adhere the mini pie to the well of the pan).
- Let mini pies cool until they're at room temperature, and package in cellophane bags. Seal bags with tape and finish the packaging with a personalized label from Evermine!
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Rustic Bistro” style in warm grey.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE WEDDING COLLECTION >