Whether your feet contend with high heels, hard floors, and long days or get a workout in runners and gardening clogs, they deserve a little pampering, right? When I come in from the garden in my very favorite gardening flip flops I’m sure to leave a dirt trail behind me. But even after a hot shower and a quick sweep, my feet still ache from the pounding they just took.
I made up a herbal foot soak just to pamper my tired tooties and it sure packs a punch. Don’t be fooled by the mild-mannered herbs often used in tea, they can really soak away a day of aches. Here is a recipe that I really love. The essential oils work to refresh feet, while comfrey, Epsom salts, and herbs ease the pain.
Herbal Foot Soak
• 2 cups Epsom salts
• 8 drop pure lavender essential oil
• 6 drops mint essential oil
• 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 2 drops rosemary essential oil
• 1 tsp dried comfrey root powder
• 1 tsp dried lavender
• 1 tsp dried mint leaves
• ¼ tsp dried bergamot petals
1. Fill a canning jar half full of Epsom salts.
2. Add essential oils, replace lid, and shake.
3. Remove the lid again, add comfrey and dried herbs, replace lid and shake (again).
4. Add more Epsom salts to full the jar, replace the lid and shake again.
More homemade gift ideas from Stephanie:
Apron In A Jar Infused Sugar Bath Fizzies Chocolate Mint Lip Balm
Shop Our Bath and Body Collection: