Homemade gift ideas in 30 minutes or less.
The secret is in the tea. Shh, don’t tell! You purchase your favorite tea bags, and replace the commercial tag with your customized favor tag. Choose a tag style with personalized text, or, to ultra-personalize it, choose a photo style.
To assemble tea bags:
Remove the string, tag and staple from the tea bags. Decide how long you want your strings to be – I chose a length of 2 – 1/2 inches so the tags would lie flat on a table outside of the box. To achieve this, the strings needed to be 6 inches long because they are doubled and folded over at the ends. Thread the string through your personalized tags and staple the two string ends to the tea bags. For extra-secure hold, fold the ends of the strings back on themselves so the staple holds them in two places.
Use flower-top, heart-top or butterfly-top boxes. For tissue paper lining, cut tissue paper carefully into strips 1 – 3/4 inches wide and 8 – 1/2 inches long. These strips will fit in the box and fold over the top. For extra style, cut a contrasting ribbon 8 – 1/2 inches long and lay it in the box first, then lay the tissue in the box. Place the tea bags in the box, allowing the tags to hang outside, and close the lid. Add labels square labels to the box sides (I used Joy style, mint color for the box labels). Your tea box with its precious contents is ready for gifting!
Guidelines for Simple Gifts:
• Plan ahead. Think about and decide what you want to do well in advance so you can do the shopping portion of the giftmaking along with other errands. Have all materials and ingredients on hand when it is time to make the gift.
• Packaging. Pretty packaging makes any gift special. Arm yourself with a supply of small boxes or cellophane bags and ribbon. We also recommend having your own personalized tags or labels on hand. Use generic wording so they can be used on a multitude of items. For example, mom’s tags and labels say “with love from Grammie.” With no reference to what the item is, they can be used on anything!
• It is not the item itself that is special; it is the idea that you think enough about a person to prepare something personally for them. Sometimes your gift doesn’t even have to be handmade; but hand-assembled. Follow this monthly series and you will see examples of both.
More Simple Gift Ideas…
Shop Our Wedding Collection
• Wedding Labels
• Wedding Favor Tags
• Wedding Coasters
• Wedding Invitation Collection
• Wedding Place Cards
• Wedding CD/DVD Labels
• Wedding Address Labels
• Wedding Bottled Water Labels
• Favor Packaging
• Entire Wedding Collection