Fall is a great time to be Apple-y Married! This is the perfect season for heading out to your local orchard to pick fresh, delicious apples. Take advantage of this and gather your friends and family to spend some quality time before the wedding by enlisting their help to make mini caramel apple favors. You can all spend a day picking apples and sharing memories before the big day.
Making Mini Caramel Apple favors is simple and easy. Be sure to gather small apples because they make the perfect wedding favor size.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Small apples
- 1 bag of Kraft Caramels
- Wax paper and baking sheet
- white chocolate
- cinnamon sugar
- mini m&ms
- Start by lining a baking sheet with wax paper and lightly butter it. This will help keep the caramel from sticking.
- Thoroughly wash and clean all your apples and pat them dry.
- Remove the stem of each apple. Insert Popsicle sticks into the center of each apple
- Heat bag of caramels in a microwavable bowl for 1-2 mins until completely melted and smooth.
- Carefully remove it from the microwave and let it cool slightly before dipping your apples.
- One by one, dip each apple into the caramel and let the excess drip off back into the bowl. Before placing it back on the baking sheet, wipe off the caramel from the bottom of the apple with a spatula, this will prevent the caramel from puddling as it is setting.
- adding chocolate: After the caramel has set, microwave 1 bag of white chocolate chips for about 1-2 mins until melted and smooth. Carefully remove it from the microwave and let it cool slightly before dipping your apples so the caramel won't start melting off. One by one dip each caramel apple into the chocolate halfway and let the excess drip back into the bowl. Dip into a bowl of other toppings (if desired) before placing back onto the baking sheet to set.
- Finish packaging with a tag and a ribbon to match.
It's best to leave these unpackaged in the fridge but if they are packaged don't store them in the fridge because they will start to sweat.
Caramel apples can be made up to 2-3 days in advance
Used In This Project:
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Joy of Scrolls” style in mint.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE WEDDING COLLECTION >